Safety & Security
Dublin Irish Festival Safety As one of the safest cities in Ohio, the City of Dublin remains committed to following all state and federal laws to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for residents and visitors at the Dublin Irish Festival.
Safety and Security MeasuresAll Festival staff, entertainers, sponsors, vendors and media personnel are issued an official credential to formally identify them as Festival participants.
Bag checks are performed at each entrance to the Festival grounds.
- Prohibited items include alcohol, fireworks and glass bottles; find a full list here.
- State and federal laws allow individuals to carry firearms in public parks, openly or concealed. This applies to all public festivals and events on public property run by government entities in Ohio.
The Dublin Police Department performs continuous observation from the agency’s drone unit and surveillance tower. As always, the Dublin Police Department asks residents and visitors to contact the nearest police officer for assistance if they see something suspicious or out of place.
Public Safety Partners and ProgramsThe Dublin Police Department is always focused on effectively addressing issues of significant community concern, including ensuring a safe and comfortable Festival. That involves partnering and collaborating with the following:
- City of Dublin staff
- Washington Township Fire Department for medical tent staffing and response
- Joint Terrorism Task Force with the FBI
- Franklin County Bomb Squad
- Statewide Terrorism Analysis and Crime Center for intelligence gathering
Other public safety programs available at the Festival include:
- Child identification wristband distribution and reunification tents