Festival Receives 10 Awards
- The Dublin Irish Festival was honored at the 63rd Annual International Festivals and Events Association (IFEA) Convention and Expo with 10 IFEA Haas & Wilkerson Pinnacle Awards.
- Awards were received in all three categories; Gold, Silver and Bronze.
- Held in San Diego, Cal. Oct. 1 - 4, the IFEA recognizes outstanding accomplishments and top quality creative, promotional, operational and community outreach programs and materials produced by festivals and events around the world.
- Entries for the IFEA Haas and Wilkerson Pinnacle Awards were judged on creativity, clarity of message, design, overall appeal and measurable results. Dublin Irish Festival winners are as follows:
Best New Merchandise
Best Give-Away Item
5K Race Medal
Best New Promotional Activity
Best Cover Design
Best Sponsor Gift
Red Drawstring Bag
Best Other Merchandise
Green Tote BagBest T-Shirt Design
Best Radio Promotion
Best Outdoor Billboard
Best Miscellaneous Clothing
Grey Tank Top
The Dublin Irish Festival competed with other international events with budgets between $1 – $3 Million. Awards were handed out in 68 different categories and includes the Pasadena Tournament of Roses, the Fiesta Bowl, Memphis in May, the Cherry Blossom Festival, the 500 Festival, the Kentucky Derby Festival and more.
The Dublin Irish Festival was the recipient of several other awards in 2018 including:
American Marketing Association Achievement in Marketing Awards (AIM)
City Scene Magazine’s “Best of the Bus” Awards
- Division/Platinum Award in the Special Event Category: Conference, Special Event or Trade Show: Dublin Irish Festival
- Gold Award in the Special Event Category: Booth or Display: Dublin Irish Festival/Blue Jackets Partnership Presenting the NHL Centennial Fan Arena
- Gold Award in the Video Category: Cause/Purpose Driven: 30th Anniversary Dublin Irish Festival Time Lapse Video
Public Relations Society of America PRism Awards
- Best Suburban Arts Festival
- Best Ethnic Festival.
- Dublin Irish Festival 30th Anniversary – PRism, Special Event (Non-Profit)
- Black Friday Ticket Campaign – PRism, Email Blast (Non-Profit)
- From Typewriter to Twitter: How the Dublin Irish Festival Grew from a Tennis Court to Nearly
40 Acres – PRism, Presentation (Non-Profit)
The IFEA/Haas & Wilkerson Pinnacle Awards Competition recognizes the outstanding accomplishments and top quality creative, promotional, operations and community outreach programs and materials produced by festivals around the world. Striving for the highest degree of excellence in festival and event promotions and operations in every budget level and every corner of the glove, this competition has not only raised the standards and quality of the festival and events industry to new levels, but also shows how event producers can use innovation and creativity to achieve a higher level of success.
Talk To Us Directly:
- We can arrange a conversation with our management team – just ask!
- Irish attitude is all you need to experience the Dublin Irish Festival in Dublin, Ohio, USA. For 32 years, the first weekend in August has been reserved for what is now the world’s largest three-day Irish Festival. More than 100,000 guests are expected next year Aug. 2, 3 & 4 - 2019. With seven stages, 80 acts and more than 600 performers, there is truly something for everyone. For more information, please visit dublinirishfestival.org.
- Become a fan of the Dublin Irish Festival on Facebook to stay up to date on the latest news and giveaways!
- Join the conversation by following the Dublin Irish Festival on Twitter @DublinIrishFest and Instagram @DublinIrishFest, and by using the official event hashtag: #DublinIrishFest.
- Watch and upload your #DublinIrishFest videos on Vimeo.
# # #
Download the Release
Mary Jo DiSalvo
City of Dublin
City of Dublin