Come Home to Coffman Park for the 35th Annual Dublin Irish Festival
Note to media: Please call/text Erin Santa at 614.738.1582 or reply to this email if you plan to attend. Thank you.
In just two short weeks Dublin, Ohio, will welcome over 100,000 guests to Coffman Park for the 35th anniversary of the Dublin Irish Festival.
The long-awaited return after two years of modified events will take place Aug. 5-7, and will be filled with Irish dance, music, food and more. This year’s Festival celebrates 35 years of tradition, while embracing new and exciting features.
Schedule of Events:
Thursday, Aug. 4 – Historic Dublin
5 p.m. | Dub Crawl
6:35 p.m. | Dublin Irish Festival Kids Dash presented by IGS Energy
7 p.m. | Dublin Irish Festival 5K presented by IGS Energy
Friday, Aug. 5 – Coffman Park
4 p.m.-Midnight | Dublin Irish Festival
4:45 p.m. | Irish Community Parade / East gate to Trinity Stage
5 p.m. | Festival Dedication / Trinity Stage
Saturday, Aug. 6 – Coffman Park
11 a.m.-Midnight | Dublin Irish Festival
Sunday, Aug. 7 – Coffman Park
11 a.m.-Midnight | Dublin Irish Festival
7 p.m. | Festival Finale / Dublin Stage
“We are so excited to come home to Coffman Park for our 35th anniversary of the Dublin Irish Festival,” says Dublin’s Director of Community Events Alison LeRoy, “It means we will be bringing back traditional elements while adding in new components to the one-of-a-kind Festival experience.”
- Beverage Tokens: Guests can pay for their beverages directly at the beverage tents with a credit card, Google Pay, Apple Pay, or Beverage Payment Card. CASH is NOT accepted at the Beverage Tents. Guests wanting to use cash must exchange their cash for a Beverage Payment Card at one of the Ticket or Merchandise sales tents before going to a beverage tent.
This year only, guests who still have plastic beverage tokens, can exchange them for a beverage payment card ($2 credit for each token) at the Dublin Community Recreation Center July 30-Aug. 2, or at one of the Ticket or Merchandise sales tents at the Festival.
- Irish Festival App: The best way for visitors to plan their day is with the Dublin Irish Festival app. The full Festival schedule, map, vendors, attractions and more is accessible at the touch of a button. Plus, push notifications will help remind Festival goers of their next “must see” activity at the Festival! Download now.
- Irish Comedy Show: The Festival is hosting The Real Irish Comedy Tour in the Abbey Theater of Dublin, located inside the Dublin Community Recreation Center. The tour features comedians Dave Nihill, Sean Finnerty and Mick Thomas. A separate ticket is required and may be purchased online.
- Buy Tickets: Purchase tickets before Aug. 5 for $15 each at the Dublin Community Recreation Center — or purchase tickets online, at any time, for $15 each. At the Festival, general admission tickets are sold for $20 or $15 for seniors (60+), students and military (IDs required). Children 10 and under are free.
- Parking & Transportation: Before heading to the Festival, visitors can view the parking maps and shuttle pickup locations.. The City is partnering with Safe Ride of Central Ohio to offer discounted Lyft rides for patrons going to or from Coffman Park. Use promo code IRISHFEST22 from Aug. 5 to 7 for up to $10 off a Lyft ride.
- Traffic Impacts: Coffman Park (including tennis and basketball courts) and Coffman Park Drive east of the DCRC drive and west of the Development Building will be closed Monday, Aug. 1, at 8 a.m. through Tuesday, Aug. 9, at 5 p.m.
The Dublin Irish Festival 5K presented by IGS Energy will alter traffic patterns on Thursday, Aug. 4, in Historic Dublin. South High Street, from Bridge Street to Tuttle Road, will be closed to through traffic from approximately 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Multiple side streets are closed during this time frame, find the complete list.
Make memories that last a lifetime, with the help of the Festival’s Top 35 things to Know Before You Go to the 35th anniversary of the Dublin Irish Festival.
For more information about this event, visit DublinIrishFestival.org. You can also follow the Dublin Irish Festival for the latest event news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Dublin Irish Festival
Irish attitude is all you need to experience the Dublin Irish Festival in Dublin, Ohio, USA. Since 1988, the first weekend in August has been reserved for what is now the world’s l argest three-day Irish celebration. The 2022 Dublin Irish Festival event will take place Aug. 5-7, 2022, in Coffman Park. With concerts, Irish dance, shopping and more, there is truly something for everyone. For more information, please visit DublinIrishFestival.org.
614.738.1582 – Cell
614.764.0690 – Cell