2019 DIF Honorary Chairs Announced
- The Dublin Irish Festival is pleased to announce the selection of long-time Festival supporters Chris and Carol Clinton as 2019 Honorary Chairs.
- Former Dublin Irish Festival Honorary Chairs, Mayor Greg Peterson, and City Manager Dana McDaniel, selected the Clintons as Honorary Chairs in recognition of their support and dedication to the Festival.
- In this role, the Clintons will preside over festivities surrounding the 32nd Dublin Irish Festival, Aug. 2, 3 & 4, 2019. They will also serve as ambassadors and spokespersons for the Festival year-round.
- In addition, other official roles include starting the IGS Energy 5K and Kids Fun Run/Walk at the Dub Crawl, opening the Festival, throwing the first dart in the annual Dart Competition, judging several Irish contests and leading the Festival Finale.
- Irish through and through, the Clintons have been active in several capacities with the Dublin Irish Festival for nearly 20 years. They have been long-time Emerald Club members. Chris has been a member of the Sports committee for many years. Chris, Carol and their children have all been volunteers at the Celtic Canine exhibit with their beloved Glen of Imaals, Gus, Tara and Rory.
- Owners of Timeless Skin Solutions in Historic Dublin and in New Albany, the Clintons are active in the central Ohio Irish community. Carol is chair of the fundraising committee for the new Dublin Library and campaigned for funding of the library levy. Clinton is the recipient of the Visionary Award of the Central Ohio chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners. Chris has served as chairperson of the Dublin Soccer League. Chris has also served as a committee member of the City of Dublin Parks and Recreation Commission.
- The Clintons have three children, Evelyn (who currently resides in the other Dublin), Owen and Maeve.
- Chris and Carol join a prestigious group of past Irish Festival Honorary Chairs, including Denny Lynch of Wendy’s International (1997); Terry O’Connell of Time Warner Communications (1998); Terry Tindel, formerly with Verizon Wireless (1999); Mike Kelty of The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (2000); Ron Geese of Continental Office Environments (2001); Don Hunter of Duke Realty Corporation (2002); Dave D’Antoni of Ashland, Inc (2003); Mike Kehoe of AT&T (2004); Tom Thon of Clear Channel Columbus Radio (2005); Cheryl Herbert of Dublin Methodist Hospital/OhioHealth (2006); Dan Sullivan of the Memorial Tournament (2007); John Fleming of Superior Beverage Group (2008); Frank Willson of WBNS 10TV (2009); Randy Hicks of Bob Evans (2010); Jim and Leslie Finn (2011); Scott White of IGS Energy (2012); and Frank Slavik of Tim Hortons (2013); Brian Ferrier of Giant Eagle, Inc. (2014); Pete Fingerhut of the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium (2015); Ed Gaughan of the County Mayo Corporation (2016); Kitty Munger, Wendy’s franchise association (2017) and Patrick and Molly Byrne, Byrne’s Pub (2018).
- For more information on the 2019 Dublin Irish Festival, visit dublinirishfestival.org.
Our Irish heritage is strengthened year round by our involvement in the Dublin Irish Festival. To be recognized in such a significant way, by the Festival and Dublin, Ohio where we are proud to live and own a business, is something we will always cherish. We appreciate this grand opportunity to represent our friends and family in Ireland as well as the Irish in the United States. We look forward with great enthusiasm to sharing the hospitality of the Irish in our hometown of Dublin, Ohio with our families and friends in Ireland, and at the
Dublin Irish Festival.”
Chris and Carol Clinton, 2019 Dublin Irish Festival Honorary Chairs
Talk To Us Directly:
- We can arrange a conversation with our management team – just ask!
Irish attitude is all you need to experience the Dublin Irish Festival in Dublin, Ohio, USA. For 32 years, the first weekend in August has been reserved for what is now the world’s largest three-day Irish celebration. More than 100,000 guests are expected next year Aug. 2, 3 & 4 – 2019. With seven stages, 65 acts and more than 535 performers, there is truly something for everyone. For more information, please visit www.dublinirishfestival.org.
- Become a fan of the Dublin Irish Festival on Facebook to stay up to date on the latest news and giveaways!
- Join the conversation by following Dublin Irish Festival on Twitter @DublinIrishFest and by using the official event hashtag: #DublinIrishFest.
- Follow the Dublin Irish Festival on Instagram at @DublinIrishFest and share your favorite photos of the event by using the official event hashtag: #DublinIrishFest
- Watch and upload your favorite Dublin Irish Festival videos on YouTube and Vimeo.
- Dublin Irish Festival: https://dublinirishfestival.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DublinIrishFestival
- @DublinIrishFest: http://twitter.com/#!/DublinIrishFest
- @DublinIrishFest: http://instagram.com/DublinIrishFest
- You Tube: http://ow.ly/cdUYp
- Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/channels/dublinirishfest
Mary Jo DiSalvo
City of Dublin
City of Dublin