Pete Fingerhut Selected as 2015 Dublin Irish Festival Honorary Chair
- The Dublin Irish Festival is pleased to announce the selection of Pete Fingerhut of the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium as its 2015 Honorary Chair.
- Selected by former Dublin Irish Festival Honorary Chairs, Mayor Michael Keenan and City Manager Marsha Grigsby, Fingerhut was chosen as Honorary Chair in recognition of his support of the Dublin Irish Festival and his commitment to the City of Dublin.
- In this role, Fingerhut will preside over festivities surrounding the 28th annual Dublin Irish Festival July 31, August 1 & 2, 2015. He will also serve as the ambassador and spokesperson of the Emerald Club.
- In addition, other official roles include starting the 5K and Kids Fun Run/Walk at the Dub Crawl on Thursday, July 30, opening the Festival on Friday July, 31 and closing it during the Festival Finale on Sunday, Aug. 2. Fingerhut will also have the honor of throwing the first dart in the annual Dart Competition in addition to judging several Irish contests. He’ll also get to throw out the ceremonial first-pitch during the 4th Annual Irish Heritage Night with the Columbus Clippers on Friday, July 10, 2015.
- Pete Fingerhut has supported the Dublin Irish Festival through his Emerald Club membership and his volunteer roles with the Dublin Convention and Visitors Bureau. In addition, The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium has partnered with the City of Dublin through its involvement in the St. Patrick’s Day and Independence Day parades as well as Halloween Spooktacular.Since 2006, Pete has served as Vice President of Marketing and Sales for the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium and the Wilds. He has guided the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium into the number one zoological park in the nation; taking the Zoo to record breaking levels in attendance and revenue. The Zoo’s attendance has grown over 40 percent and memberships have shown growth of over 50 percent. In 2009 the Zoo was rated the #1 Zoo in the nation by USA travel guide.
- Outside of his work, Pete is actively involved in the community. He currently serves on the board of directors for the Dublin Convention and Visitor’s Bureau where he previously served as president. He is an active member of Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) and the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA), as well as a member of the American Marketing Association, in which he was voted as “Marketer of the Year” in 2008. Pete and his wife, Joni, reside in Powell and have three children.
- Fingerhut joins a prestigious group of past Irish Festival Honorary Chairs, including Denny Lynch of Wendy’s International (1997); Terry O’Connell of Time Warner Communications (1998); Terry Tindel, formerly with Verizon Wireless (1999); Mike Kelty of The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (2000); Ron Geese of Continental Office Environments (2001); Don Hunter of Duke Realty Corporation (2002); Dave D’Antoni of Ashland, Inc (2003); Mike Kehoe of AT&T (2004); Tom Thon of ClearChannel Columbus Radio (2005); Cheryl Herbert of Dublin Methodist Hospital/OhioHealth (2006); Dan Sullivan of the Memorial Tournament (2007); John Fleming of Superior Beverage Group (2008); Frank Willson of WBNS 10TV (2009); Randy Hicks of Bob Evans (2010); Jim and Leslie Finn (2011); Scott White of IGS Energy (2012); and Frank Slavik of Tim Hortons (2013); Brian Ferrier of Giant Eagle, Inc. (2014).
- For more information on the Dublin Irish Festival, visit www.dublinirishfestival.org.
“I am humbled to be chosen as the Honorary Chair of the 2015 Dublin Irish Festival. I am especially pleased because I understand the impact that the Dublin Irish Festival has on Dublin and the entire region, not to mention it’s a family favorite.”
Pete Fingerhut, 2015 Dublin Irish Festival Honorary Chair
Talk To Us Directly:
- We can arrange a conversation with our management team – just ask!
Irish attitude is all you need to experience the Dublin Irish Festival in Dublin, Ohio, USA. For 28 years, the first weekend in August has been reserved for what is now the world’s largest three-day Irish celebration. More than 100,000 guests are expected next year July 31, Aug. 1 & 2 – 2015. With seven stages, 65 acts and more than 535 performers, there is truly something for everyone. For more information, please visit www.dublinirishfestival.org.
- Become a fan of the Dublin Irish Festival on Facebook to stay up to date on the latest news and giveaways!
- Join the conversation by following Dublin Irish Festival on Twitter @DublinIrishFest and by using the official event hashtag: #DublinIrishFest.
- Follow the Dublin Irish Festival on Instagram at @DublinIrishFest and share your favorite photos of the event by using the official event hashtag: #DublinIrishFest
- Watch and upload your favorite Dublin Irish Festival videos on YouTube and Vimeo.
- Dublin Irish Festival: http://dublinirishfestival.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DublinIrishFestival
- @DublinIrishFest: http://twitter.com/#!/DublinIrishFest
- @DublinIrishFest: http://instagram.com/DublinIrishFest
- You Tube: http://ow.ly/cdUYp
- Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/channels/dublinirishfest
2015 Dublin Irish Festival Honorary Chair Pete Fingerhut, Vice President of Marketing and Sales, Columbus Zoo and Aquarium