Dublin Irish Festival Debuts Dancing Irish Puppets at City of Dublin St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- The Dublin Irish Festival is displaying its Irish attitude in a larger-than-life way in celebration of the Festival’s 30th Anniversary Aug. 4, 5 & 6, 2017.
- This year, the tradition of Irish dance will go from on the stage to above the streets with the introduction of two, 15-foot, custom-created Irish dancing puppets who will make their debut at the City of Dublin St. Patrick’s Day Parade on Saturday, March 18.
- These show-stopping sculptural puppet designs were inspired by the traditional Japanese puppet theater known as bunraku.
- Throughout the design process, a hard-working team of local and national artists, choreographers, puppet-masters and Irish dance instructors collaborated to create these towering figures, which are designed to perform authentic Irish dance steps on a grandiose scale.
- The puppets will debut at the City of Dublin St. Patrick’s Day Parade during the Inflation Celebration. In addition, they will be prominently featured both on-stage and throughout Coffman Park during the 30th Anniversary of the Dublin Irish Festival Aug. 4, 5 & 6, 2017.
- For more information on the City of Dublin St. Patrick’s Day Parade, visit, http://dublinohiousa.gov/events/st-patricks-day-parade/.
- For more information on the 2017 Dublin Irish Festival, visit www.dublinirishfestival.org or contact Events Administration at 614.410.4545.
The fusion of artistic talent that culminated in the creation of these one-of-a-kind Irish dance puppets emphasizes the Dublin Irish Festival’s goal to showcase the rich cultural diversity of Ireland through new and authentic experiences at the Festival year after year.
Talk To Us Directly:
- We can arrange a conversation with our management team – just ask!
Irish attitude is all you need to experience the Dublin Irish Festival in Dublin, Ohio, USA. For 30 years, the first weekend in August has been reserved for what is now the world’s largest three-day Irish celebration. More than 100,000 guests are expected next year Aug. 4, 5 & 6 – 2017. With seven stages, 65 acts and more than 535 performers, there is truly something for everyone. For more information, please visit www.dublinirishfestival.org.
- Become a fan of the Dublin Irish Festival on Facebook to stay up to date on the latest news and giveaways!
- Join the conversation by following Dublin Irish Festival on Twitter @DublinIrishFest and by using the official event hashtag: #DublinIrishFest.
- Follow the Dublin Irish Festival on Instagram at @DublinIrishFest and share your favorite photos of the event by using the official event hashtag: #DublinIrishFest
- Watch and upload your favorite Dublin Irish Festival videos on YouTube and Vimeo.
- Dublin Irish Festival: http://dublinirishfestival.org/
- VIP Clubs: http://dublinirishfestival.org/vip-membership/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DublinIrishFestival
- @DublinIrishFest: http://twitter.com/#!/DublinIrishFest
- @DublinIrishFest: http://instagram.com/DublinIrishFest
- You Tube: http://ow.ly/cdUYp
- Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/channels/dublinirishfest
Mary Jo DiSalvo
City of Dublin
City of Dublin