Dublin Irish Festival and the Columbus Blue Jackets to Present the NHL Centennial Fan Arena
Tour to make its only Ohio stop at the Festival’s 30th Anniversary Aug. 4-6
DUBLIN, Ohio– May 25, 2017
- The Dublin Irish Festival is excited to partner with the Columbus Blue Jackets and the National Hockey League to present the National Hockey League’s Centennial Fan Arena at its 30th Anniversary Aug. 4, 5 & 6, 2017.
- Following the Columbus Blue Jackets’ captivating journey to the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Dublin Irish Festival will bring the energy and enthusiasm that surrounded the 2016-17 season from their home at Nationwide Arena to the heart of Dublin’s Coffman Park with the inclusion of this touring tribute.
- Located next to the Greenfields Sports Area and near the Dublin Irish Festival’s Southwest Entrance, Festival guests and hockey fans alike may visit the NHL Centennial Fan Arena with the purchase of a Dublin Irish Festival admission ticket, available now at http://dublinirishfestival.org/tickets.
- The NHL Centennial Fan Arena is a traveling fan experience that will visit all 31 NHL club markets across North America in 2017. This one-of-a-kind exhibit will feature:
MUSEUM TRUCK – The centerpiece of the experience is a 53-foot museum truck with an innovative interior featuring more than 1,000 square feet of interactive digital displays, original video content, one-of-a-kind historical memorabilia, unique photo moments, a social media wall and customized areas representing Blue Jackets history. Click here to check out Blue Jackets goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky visiting the museum during last season’s All-Star festivities.
STANLEY CUP® – Fans will be able to see and get their photo taken with the oldest and most revered trophy in all professional sports as the Stanley Cup® will be on display throughout the weekend.
CLEAR THE ICE ZAMBONI® VR EXPERIENCE – This never-before-seen VR experience allows fans to compete against each other in a race to resurface the ice. Fans will take a seat in a mini-Zamboni® ice resurfacer, feel cool air on their skin and their seat rumble, as they are tasked with creating the perfect sheet of ice – in virtual reality. All races will be timed and shared on a leaderboard.
- A schedule of appearances by Columbus Blue Jackets players, personalities and alumni will be announced at a later date. Hours of operation for the NHL Centennial Fan Arena (museum truck and VR experience) and the Stanley Cup at the Dublin Irish Festival are:
Friday, August 4
4-8 p.m. – Centennial Fan Arena
No Stanley Cup hours on this day
Saturday, August 5
12 p.m. – 8 p.m. – Centennial Fan Arena
12 p.m. – 7 p.m. – Stanley Cup
Sunday, August 6
11 a.m. – 8 p.m. – Centennial Fan Arena
11 a.m. – 7 p.m. – Stanley Cup
- Set on 38 rolling acres in the heart of Coffman Park in Dublin, Ohio USA, The Dublin Irish Festival is consistently referred to as one of the nation’s largest and premier Irish cultural events. More than 100,000 guests are expected to attend the Festival’s 30th Anniversary Aug. 4, 5, & 6, 2017. With seven stages, 65 acts and more than 535 performers, there is truly something for everyone. For more information and to buy discount tickets, please visit dublinirishfestival.org.
We are honored to present the NHL Centennial Fan Arena at the 30th Anniversary of the Dublin Irish Festival in August. Through our partnership with the Columbus Blue Jackets, the Dublin Irish Festival invites our guests to celebrate two landmark anniversaries in the heart of Dublin, Ohio.
We’re very excited to bring the NHL Centennial Fan Arena, which celebrates the rich and storied history of the League’s first 100 years, to our community at this year’s Dublin Irish Festival. Combining this one-of-a-kind attraction with one of Central Ohio’s premiere summer events is a perfect way to showcase our game’s history to a wide audience of festival guests and hockey fans alike.
Talk To Us Directly:
- We can arrange a conversation with our management team quickly – just ask!
- Become a fan of the Dublin Irish Festival on Facebook to stay up to date on the latest news and giveaways!
- Join the conversation by following Dublin Irish Festival on Twitter @DublinIrishFest and by using the official event hashtag: #DublinIrishFest.
- Follow the Dublin Irish Festival on Instagram at @DublinIrishFest and share your favorite photos of the event by using the official event hashtag: #DublinIrishFest
- Watch our 2017 Dublin Irish Festival Promo Video and upload your favorite videos on Vimeo.
- Click to Tweet: http://ctt.ec/d08As
- Dublin Irish Festival: http://dublinirishfestival.org/
- Columbus Blue Jackets: https://www.nhl.com/bluejackets
- National Hockey League’s Centennial Fan Arena: https://www.nhl.com/fans/nhl-centennial/fan-arena
- Click here: https://www.nhl.com/bluejackets/video/cbj-centennial-fan-arena/t-277437100/c-52023803
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DublinIrishFestival
- @DublinIrishFest: http://twitter.com/#!/DublinIrishFest
- @DublinIrishFest: http://instagram.com/DublinIrishFest
- 2017 Dublin Irish Festival Promo Video: https://vimeo.com/216052473
- Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/channels/dublinirishfest
Mary Jo DiSalvo
City of Dublin
City of Dublin