2017 Dublin Irish Festival Scholarship Winners Announced
- The Dublin Irish Festival has announced the two winners of the 2017 Dublin Irish Festival Scholarships. Renee Hopper and Varun Madan from Dublin Coffman High School will both receive $2,500 cash scholarships.
- The Dublin Irish Festival Scholarship is awarded each year to graduating high school seniors who have shown exceptional community involvement as Dublin Irish Festival volunteers.
- Renee Hopper’s summers have featured the Dublin Irish Festival for more than seven years. She volunteers at festival orientation, and on grounds patrol at the Festival with her dad. She is also a volunteer for Dublin’s Sandlot Summer Camp. Renee graduated in May from Dublin Coffman High School and plans to attend Bowling Green State University in the fall to major in Creative Writing and earn a minor in a foreign language.
- Varun Madan has volunteered at the Dublin Irish Festival for more than 5 years, serving at the admission gates, wee folk area, and bike parking. Apart from the Festival, he volunteers at Riverside Methodist Hospital and the Columbus Metropolitan Library. Varun recently graduated from Dublin Coffman High School, where he served as the Student Body President. He will be attending the University of Michigan in the fall and plans to major in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance.
- For more information on the 30th Anniversary of the Dublin Irish Festival, please visit dublinirishfestival.org.
- Set on 38 rolling acres in the heart of Coffman Park in Dublin, Ohio USA, The Dublin Irish Festival is consistently referred to as one of the nation’s largest and premier Irish cultural events. More than 100,000 guests are expected to attend the Festival’s 30th Anniversary Aug. 4, 5, & 6, 2017. With seven stages, 65 acts and more than 535 performers, there is truly something for everyone. For more information and to buy discount tickets, please visit dublinirishfestival.org.
- Become a fan of the Dublin Irish Festival on Facebook to stay up to date on the latest news and giveaways!
- Join the conversation by following Dublin Irish Festival on Twitter @DublinIrishFest and by using the official event hashtag: #DublinIrishFest.
- Follow the Dublin Irish Festival on Instagram at @DublinIrishFest and share your favorite photos of the event by using the official event hashtag: #DublinIrishFest
- Watch our 2017 Dublin Irish Festival Promo Video and upload your favorite videos on Vimeo.
Mary Jo DiSalvo
City of Dublin
City of Dublin