Kitty Munger Selected as 2017 Dublin Irish Festival Honorary Chair
Munger to lead the Festival’s 30th Anniversary Celebration
- The Dublin Irish Festival is excited to announce the selection of long-time Festival supporter and one of the original founders, Kitty Munger, as its 2017 Honorary Chair.
- Former Dublin Irish Festival Honorary Chairs, Mayor Greg Peterson and City Manager Dana McDaniel, selected Munger as Honorary Chair in recognition of her support and commitment to the Festival’s growth from a tennis court in Coffman Park to more than 38 acres.
- In this role, Munger will preside over festivities surrounding the 30th anniversary of the Dublin Irish Festival, Aug. 4, 5 & 6, 2017. She will also serve as ambassador and spokesperson for the Festival year-round.
- In addition, other official roles include starting the IGS Energy 5K and Kids Fun Run/Walk at the Dub Crawl, opening the Festival, throwing the first dart in the annual Dart Competition, judging several Irish contests and leading the Festival Finale.
- A Dublin resident for more than 35 years, Kitty first became involved with the Dublin Irish Festival in 1988 during its inaugural year. As a lover of “all things Irish,” she volunteered as an event organizer and primary publicity person writing news releases on her typewriter and creating marketing campaigns.
- Currently, Munger supports the Festival through VIP Club membership and as Chair of the Dublin Irish Festival Marketing/Promotions and 30th Anniversary Committees.
- A former Wendy’s employee for more than 20 years, Kitty helped influence their involvement as one of the Festival’s first sponsors where they have remained for nearly 25 years.
- Munger currently works as the Executive Director of the Wendy’s Old Fashioned Franchise Association where she is responsible for the day-today administration of the association, assists in member recruitment, communications, and more.
- In 2007, Munger was honored in the community as the Grand Marshal of the City of Dublin Independence Day Celebration. And in 2012, she received the President’s Volunteer Service Award in recognition of community service and volunteer efforts on the Dublin Irish Festival.
- Munger joins a prestigious group of past Irish Festival Honorary Chairs, including Denny Lynch of Wendy’s International (1997); Terry O’Connell of Time Warner Communications (1998); Terry Tindel, formerly with Verizon Wireless (1999); Mike Kelty of The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (2000); Ron Geese of Continental Office Environments (2001); Don Hunter of Duke Realty Corporation (2002); Dave D’Antoni of Ashland, Inc (2003); Mike Kehoe of AT&T (2004); Tom Thon of Clear Channel Columbus Radio (2005); Cheryl Herbert of Dublin Methodist Hospital/OhioHealth (2006); Dan Sullivan of the Memorial Tournament (2007); John Fleming of Superior Beverage Group (2008); Frank Willson of WBNS 10TV (2009); Randy Hicks of Bob Evans (2010); Jim and Leslie Finn (2011); Scott White of IGS Energy (2012); and Frank Slavik of Tim Hortons (2013); Brian Ferrier of Giant Eagle, Inc. (2014); Pete Fingerhut of the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium (2015); Ed Gaughan of the County Mayo Corporation (2016).
- For more information on the 2017 Dublin Irish Festival, visit dublinirishfestival.org.
Ireland and Irish culture is in my blood, starting with my grandmother who was born in County Clare. When I think about my legacy and what I’m honored to have been a part of, the Dublin Irish Festival is at the top of my list. I’m fortunate to represent the Festival during this very special time as it celebrates 30 years. From one stage on the tennis courts in Coffman Park, to more than 38 acres, we’ve come a long way and I am proud to be part of that.
Talk To Us Directly:
- We can arrange a conversation with our management team – just ask!
Irish attitude is all you need to experience the Dublin Irish Festival in Dublin, Ohio, USA. For 30 years, the first weekend in August has been reserved for what is now the world’s largest three-day Irish celebration. More than 100,000 guests are expected next year Aug. 4, 5 & 6 – 2017. With seven stages, 65 acts and more than 535 performers, there is truly something for everyone. For more information, please visit www.dublinirishfestival.org.
- Become a fan of the Dublin Irish Festival on Facebook to stay up to date on the latest news and giveaways!
- Join the conversation by following Dublin Irish Festival on Twitter @DublinIrishFest and by using the official event hashtag: #DublinIrishFest.
- Follow the Dublin Irish Festival on Instagram at @DublinIrishFest and share your favorite photos of the event by using the official event hashtag: #DublinIrishFest
- Watch and upload your favorite Dublin Irish Festival videos on YouTube and Vimeo.
- Dublin Irish Festival: http://dublinirishfestival.org/
- VIP Clubs: http://dublinirishfestival.org/vip-membership/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DublinIrishFestival
- @DublinIrishFest: http://twitter.com/#!/DublinIrishFest
- @DublinIrishFest: http://instagram.com/DublinIrishFest
- You Tube: http://ow.ly/cdUYp
- Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/channels/dublinirishfest
Mary Jo DiSalvo
City of Dublin
City of Dublin