Dublin Irish Festival to Present Ireland Day at the 2017 Columbus Dispatch Home and Garden Show February 18
- The Dublin Irish Festival is rolling out the green carpet to present Ireland Day to open the 2017 Columbus Dispatch Home and Garden Show on Saturday, February 18 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the Ohio Expo Center.
- This day-long celebration will take place in the Irish Garden, featuring music, dance, culture and food on three stages courtesy of Dublin Irish Festival entertainers and exhibitors.
- The sounds of bagpipes led by Cyril Scott Pipe Band will set the tone for the day. Guests will learn how Fairy Gardens are made, see and sample Irish cooking from Dempsey’s Food and Spirits and Giant Eagle Marketplace, and step lively with The Millennium Academy of Irish Dance and Music.
- Genealogy experts Jayne Davis and Kelli Bergheimer will share their knowledge of how to trace family ancestry. The storytelling of Candace Mazur-Darman will entertain and delight. Local artists the Rice Brothers will keep the mood light and upbeat in the Irish Garden. Visit http://www.dispatchhomeandgardenshow.com/ for tickets and a complete stage schedule.
- For more information on the 2017 Dublin Irish Festival, visit dublinirishfestival.org.
Irish attitude is all you need to experience the Dublin Irish Festival in Dublin, Ohio, USA. For 30 years, the first weekend in August has been reserved for what is now the world’s largest three-day Irish celebration. More than 100,000 guests are expected next year Aug. 4, 5 & 6 – 2017. With seven stages, 65 acts and more than 535 performers, there is truly something for everyone. For more information, please visit www.dublinirishfestival.org.
Mary Jo DiSalvo
City of Dublin
City of Dublin